GLN Summer Clerk Programme
a summer of meaningful contribution and professional development
If you are keen for a summer offering intellectual challenge, access to superb mentors and a sense of public service, we welcome your interest in the GLN Summer Clerk Programme.
Our programme provides talented senior law students (studying at 300 level or above) with an exceptional opportunity to see right into the workings of government. Over a three month period, GLN clerks are immersed in the dynamic range of legal issues confronting the Crown and are exposed to a wide variety of learning and development opportunities - from those provided 'on the job' to site visits to Parliament and the higher courts, meetings with Judges and panel discussions with the Crown's most senior lawyers.
We view each clerkship as an opportunity to invest in the professional development of a future legal leader. With this in mind, we are looking for applicants who demonstrate a strong sense of purpose, well-rounded technical skills, an enquiring mind, community spirit and enthusiasm.
STRUCTURE OF THE PROGRAMME
Each year, we offer up to 20 placements.
Students studying at 300-level, or above, in their LLB are welcome to apply.
Previous participating departments and agencies include:
- Parliamentary Counsel Office | Te Tari Tohutohu Paremata
- Te Puni Kōkiri
- Commerce Commission |Te Komihana Tauhokohoko
- WorkSafe New Zealand | Mahi Haumaru Aotearoa
- Crown Law Office | Te Tari Ture o te Karauna
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment | | Hīkina Whakatutuki
- New Zealand Police | Ngā Pirihimana Aotearoa
- Accident Compensation Corporation | Te Kaporeihana Āwhina Hunga Whara
- New Zealand Real Estate Authority | Te Mana Papawhenua
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade | Roopu Ture o Te Ao
- Independent Police Conduct Authority | Mana Whananga Pirihimana Motuhake
- Environmental Protection Authority | Te Mana Rauhī Taiao
- The Treasury | Te Tai Ōhanga
- Ministry for the Environment | Manatū Mō Te Taiao
- Serious Fraud Office | Te Tari Hara Taware
Recruitment FOR THE 2022 PROGRAMME is now closed.
Please view our Application Guideline document to assist your application by clicking below: